Image-based analysis of structure-function relationship in biological environments
- Surrogate mechanical modeling
- Machine learning
- Deep learning
- Simulation-based data synthesis
- Simulation-based model training
- Quantitative Imaging
- Semantic segmentation
- Structural feature extraction
- Asgharzadeh P, Röhrle O, Willie BM, Birkhold AI. Decoding Rejuvenating Effects of Mechanical Loading on Skeletal Aging using in Vivo $\mu$CT Imaging and Deep Learning. Acta Biomaterialia. 2020;
- Reski R, Özdemir B, Asgharzadeh P, Birkhold A, Röhrle O. The plastid skeleton: a source of ideas in the nano range. In: Biomimetics for Architecture Learning from Nature. Birkhäuser; 2019. p. 163–6. (Biomimetics for Architecture. Learning from Nature).
- Asgharzadeh P, Özdemir B, Reski R, Birkhold AI, Röhrle O. Feature-based Classification of Protein Networks using Confocal Microscopy Imaging and Machine Learning. PAMM. 2018;18(1):e201800246.
- Özdemir B, Asgharzadeh P, Birkhold AI, Mueller SJ, Röhrle O, Reski R. Cytological analysis and structural quantification of FtsZ1-2 and FtsZ2-1 network characteristics in Physcomitrella patens. Scientific reports. 2018;8(1):11165.
- Asgharzadeh P, Özdemir B, Reski R, Röhrle O, Birkhold AI. Computational 3D imaging to quantify structural components and assembly of protein networks. Acta biomaterialia. 2018;69:206--217.
- Asgharzadeh P, Özdemir B, Müller SJ, Röhrle O, Reski R. Analysis of Physcomitrella chloroplasts to reveal adaptation principles leading to structural stability at the nano-scale. In: Biomimetic Research for Architecture and Building Construction. Springer, Cham; 2016. p. 261--275. (Biomimetic Research for Architecture and Building Construction).
- Asgharzadeh P, Özdemir B, Müller SJ, Reski R, Röhrle O. Analysis of confocal microscopy image data of Physcomitrella chloroplasts to reveal adaptation principles leading to structural stability at the nanoscale. PAMM. 2016;16(1):69--70.
- 2019 - 2020: Visiting Researcher, Department of Orthopedic surgery, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- since 06/2015: Research Assistant, Institute for Modelling and Simulation of Biomechanical Systems, Stuttgart, Gemrnay
- 06/2016: Master of Science in Computational Mechanics of Materials and Structures at the University of Stuttgart, Germany
- 06/2012: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering at Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran